Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Love Poem II by Noé Lima from Erosión (2015) Editorial X, Guatemala.


Love Poem II by Noé Lima translated by Evelyn Galindo-Doucette 
Erosión (2015) Editorial X, Guatemala. 

LOVE POEM II .
Once I climbed your nerves
with my mouth
the geometric breasts
the stubborn continents of your fingers
the deep portal of your navel
the stony bodies of your wounded tongue
the ones that passed by slowly
to be swallowed 

I felt strange
to think that I swallowed too
your sleeplessness pierced through with a needle.

POEMA DE AMOR II.
Una vez escalé tus nervios
con mi boca
los senos geométricos
los continentes necios de tus dedos
el hondo portal de tu ombligo
los pétreos cuerpos de tu lengua herida
esos que pasaron lentamente
para ser tragados

me sentí extraño
al pensar de que me tragué también
tu desvelo traspasado por una aguja.
 

WJT Mitchell — Notes on Picture Theory

In analyzing the “pictorial turn” in his book Picture Theory, Mitchell begins by raising important questions about how images reference t...